1. - Top - End - #1241
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Grrl Power VI: Stripping The Hero Doesnt Work

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    Bear in mind that Obama is still in office, presumably. ISIS as an offshoot of AQI hadnt spread through the Muslim world yet.
    That's a very good point. How many years have passed in-comic? Only a few months, maybe? If Dave has reason to show us the current President, will it still be Obama, or will it have suddenly become Biden? Or he could go alternate-world and have someone completely different - Meryl Streep's character from "Don't Look Up", or the guy from "Idiocracy".

Still more reason to give Dave suspension of disbelief in terms of real-world militaries and how they'd respond.

Now, an interesting in-comic plot twist would be for Mozambique to go looking for a rival to Deus. See if you can get a better deal than "I'm cutting your country in half and you can't stop me", which actually isn't difficult to imagine. We haven't seen an enemy to Deus yet, but maybe it's time he had one.

EDIT: The throw-back page shows Obama discussing Archon with the leadership of Mexico and Canada, per Dave's comments. This suggests rather strongly that they have supers of their own, or at a minimum have some say in how Archon is used.
    Last edited by Shining Wrath; 2022-01-14 at 09:10 AM.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)