Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Commando View Post
Well, I would say that the whole superhero industry, the Homelander, Stormfront, the Deep, the Believe Expo are quite in-your-face - I won't go into details because I believe it would quickly go against the forum rules, but IMHO The Boys definitely lacks subtlety.
I would agree.

The hypocrisy is quite front and center, it's not something any viewer is likely to overlook.

It's not a bad thing, it's more just the chosen style, and probably more tastefully presented than the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
When has Vought ever been oblivious like this regarding branding?
Most of the previous merchandising was pretty darned heavy handed. Very over the top corporate exploitation of pretty much every angle. Like, look at the guy pitching the movie concept in S2. It was so over the top it was basically parody.

As an aside, if you enjoy watching Homelander in this, and you should, because Anthony Starr's acting is fantastic, check him out in Banshee. Only four seasons, show's entirely over, but it's glorious. Though full warning, it's not really any less graphic/violent than the Boys. I totally see why he was cast in this role.