Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
I don't really agree with this one; the only poisons in Skyrim that I'd really want to apply to my next N hits are the direct-damage poisons
These are the ONLY poisons I’ve been using regularly. Stamina drain is only useful against power attacking foes, Magicka drain is only good for spellcasters, but everything uses hitpoints. So I would much rather do the ESO method of putting a big stack of poison into the poison slot of the weapon I’m using and forget about it until it runs out ten fights from now. It’s much less micromanage-y than having to dig through the unfilterable mess of poisons and potions I’m carrying around multiple times per fight, just to find another damage health bottle. I would be willing to put up with a little inefficiency in the form of wasted doses on already-poisoned or immune-to-poison foes to avoid that hassle.

(Admittedly ESO also has you making x4 the number of poisons for each batch you make compared to potions; wastage isn’t as big a deal when you’re making 16 poisons for each set of ingredients you use.)

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
As far as I can tell the reason to have Spell Tomes is so enemies can drop them. I'd be okay with keeping the tomes if they only dropped from enemies/loot chests.
I don’t mind buying the tomes, it happens rarely enough that the two seconds to pop into my inventory to click them aren’t a big deal. What I mind is that the duplicates, when they occur (especially via accidental purchase due to lousy UI but loot and quest rewards too) are not useful. Why can’t we teach the extras to our followers? Or make it so reading a spell tome we already know gives us a boost to the relevant magic skill? Or if we can spellcraft in ES6, make one of the creation requirements be an existing spellbook of the same school? There are lots of better, more interesting options than ‘sell it (possibly back) to the merchant for a fraction of the price you would have paid for it.’

But failing all that, tweak the UI so that I’m not buying duplicates in the first place.