Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
To me, this just says that poisons are too weak and too common and that basic enemies have too much health. +Some damage on hit (semi-)permanently is what weapon enchants are for.
My current character is, as mentioned before, squishy (I found most of my Falmer armor set but her skill with it is low, ergo it’s not as helpful as it should be), so I will take all the damage plusses I can stack on when the enemies get past Lydia and my Frost Atronach meat ice shield. Also enchanting my sword means I can’t improve it farther yet, as my Smithing skill isn’t high enough for that perk, so my most recent sword doesn’t have an enchantment yet.

(And I need to Soul trap another Mammoth for it, because Wylandria’s gem stole the last one, but that’s a tangent.)

Tl:dr - it’s just poison right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
Also, if you're not using the poisons that don't offer direct damage, why are you carrying so many of them that it's hard to find your damage poisons? They're not so common in loot that this just happens every time you clear a dungeon despite selling all your unwanted poisons whenever you go in to a town.
  • I’ve been fighting the Falmer a lot to get the cool bug heavy armor, so yes I do run across that many poisons.
  • I’m the sort who will pause my rampage through the dungeon to use the Alchemy table in it, so I get more potions/poisons that way, and every time my Alchemy level goes up they take a new slot because the power changes.
  • I haven’t played in a while and I’m not using the wiki for alchemy traits, so there are a lot of weird combo/sell only potions and poisons in there from trial and error.
  • And yes, I do want to sell the unneeded ones at some point, so I’m holding on to them until then and not dumping them on the ground at random.