Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
If you're having trouble finding and sorting out your potions and poisons, there are mods to help you with that.
Thank you, but I’m trying to go mod-free for now. Once I get bored with the base game again, then I might branch out. Also, some of this critiquing is with an eye towards what I do and don’t want to see in ES6 - admittedly not likely to affect it, but it keeps me interested when things get buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
And if you want a permanent damage boost to your weapons, then I suggest focusing obsessively on training up smithing. It's the easiest way to achieve that early. And it'll help with your armour as well.
I am. That’s why the enchanting has been a bit problematic (I’m about ten skill levels shy of the perk to upgrade enchanted items).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
UI changes won't solve self-inflicted problems. If you're finding your weapons and armor inadequate and you're refusing to upgrade them because you could upgrade them more later or are using something that you lack the skill to use effectively because of how it looks, that's on you, and changing poisons in such a manner as to make them in effect just another weapon enchant just so that you can keep using your cool-looking but ineffective equipment is in my opinion a change that's harmful to the game.
You’re inventing problems, here, and seem to have skipped over a chunk of what I wrote. Suffice to say I disagree; it’s a bad UI and the next game should do it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
Also, why aren't you upgrading your weapon?
See above.