Nah, come on. Rater. your giving up here. I don't want to give up playing Rachel. not accepting that.

you seem to have trouble coming up with things on the fly, and adjusting to how players react to things, as well as figuring out enemies to fight. me, I'd shake things up by having my rockets burst in trying to steal pokemon from this center, figuring they could steal more pokemon so they could take the pokemon hybrids. this does a few things:

1-makes a problem that needs solving by the players
2-makes it clear that ignoring the problem will only have bad consequences down the road (just running away is the easy option but would allow the rockets to have stronger 'mons later which would be bad)
3- if players succeed at saving the pokemon center, it gives the rescued Nurse Joy a reason to be on their side, thankful for them saving her and the pokemon. given that Joys are canonically all a family that love taking care of pokemon, its even possible she will let other Joys know about us somehow so that ALL pokemon centers could become some measure of "safe".

similarly back in the forest, we could've have the rockets attack the forest pokemon but be saved by us to get their trust. maybe, but I wanted to see what you had in mind before trying to suggest anything to help.

similarly we could have one of the results of the mad scientist npc I came up with come storming in mad with power to attack the center as well, if the rockets are too challenging while also being a plothook of how another pokemon hybrid showed up that wasn't in the lab with them.

there are ways to make this work, you just don't seem to know them.