View Single Post

Thread: Simple RAW Thread for 3.5 #37: 3d12+1

1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Simple RAW Thread for 3.5 #37: 3d12+1

Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post
    Q 59 Are there any other options for interdimensional storage outside of the usual portable hole, handy haversack, bag of holding, enveloping pit, gloves of storing set? I know spells like hidden chest and hoard gullet exist as well as a 3.0 merchant cleric prestige class that had a storage space of unspecified size that just kinda follows you around but i’m looking for something else. Mainly i’m looking for a way to store a couple spell books and miscellaneous important items in a place where I don’t need to worry about dispelling or items being confiscated. My current solution is eating my spell books to send them to a hoard gullet after preparing spells but i’m looking for something less vulnerable to dispelling and less disgusting.

Also I know Eidetic spellcaster exists and i’m sure I could convince a DM to let me trade Archivist Dark Knowledge and Scribe Scroll for that on Archivist and the normal combo on Wizard, but I’d like other options, especially because I’d like to take aligned spellcaster.
    A 59
    Not exactly what you're asking, but the Complete Arcane section on alternative spellbooks allows tattooing spells on the Wizard's body (or, technically, on other characters). Those are a lot harder to confiscate. Space is an issue, though; a Geometer would get more out of it.
    Last edited by St Fan; 2022-01-24 at 06:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

DM: At the end of the meal, the innkeeper is bringing you the cheese plate. Roll for initiative.
    PC: Excuse me, what?
    DM: I said, roll for initiative. They like their cheese really ripe in these parts. They have the ooze type.

"Excuse me, but... is it a GOOD or a BAD thing when the DM can't help bursting into laughter every time he hears the phrase 'level-appropriate encounter'? No, just curious..."

Extended signature