Basically, my thoughts are that, with this movie, they've basically done every possible deconstruction of a slasher movie.

The original trilogy both deconstructed, played with, and paid homage to all of the classic tropes, horror movie sequels tropes, and trilogy tropes. Scre4m deconstructed reboots that try too hard to subvert expectations and top the orignal while demonstrating how to do a good revival or sequel(admittedly not good enough to launch a new trilogy, which was the intent), and this last one covers sequels/remakes that go out of their way to recreate elements of the orignal to the point of basically just rehashing the plot while, again, demonstrated how to write a good revival.

In addition, the first movie lampooned the idea that watching too much TV or other "evil new media" stuff made kids violent. The second one deconstructed the idea of hatred and seeking vengeance in people who harmed your loved ones when your loved ones brought it on themself. The third deconstructs the idea of a victim complex, the fact that you suffered some injustice in and of itself justifying your own negative behavior towards others. The Fourth played with the idea of teenagers being encouraged to get their 15 minutes of fame by showing what someone truly sociopathic or narcissistic might do to get it. This one did double duty, lampooning Toxic Fans while also deconstructing the idea that mental illness makes you dangerous, evil, or less than human.

If another sequel is made anytime soon(as opposed to in a decade when there are new trends in movies and/or social issues to play with, as was the case with this film and the rprevious) then there are really only two ways to go.

Don't make a slasher movie, make a movie about the aftermath of a self-defense act and whether or not Sydney was justified in taking such extreme measures off the bat(honestly, whether it was an actually attempted kill or just some dumb kid doing a dumb prank might not be relevant) or just flat out playing it completly straight and going full Halloween/Friday the 13th with an actually supernaturally invincible killer.

And having an actual supernatural killer would be a jumping the shark moment.

I will admit, I'm not 100% serious saying this, it's just... This is where my brain goes. With most slasher movie franchises, it's one killer with different victims each time. With Scream, it's mostly the same group of survivors, with some additions, getting picked off by different people who independently adopted the same killer identity. Sydney just carrying a high-caliber pistol on her person at all times would be rational at this point.

...Honestly, the fact that Ghostface costumes are still getting made(they're a generic costume. The ghost faced character is licensed by the filmmakers) not to mention the "based on a true story" sTab franchise in-universe after not one but four separate spree killings in that costume suggests that here's something weird going on with people in-universe.