Quote Originally Posted by Wildstag View Post
It's kinda surprising to me how many altruistic casters and immortality seekers there are in this thread, or at least those that lean towards those two archetypes.

I kinda figured there'd be a lot more "I'm gonna mind my own business away from people" sorts. But then again, there are also only three second-level or higher druids among us. Even if one of them forgot they'd actually become a Druid 4 this level.
I want to do my own thing. I deserve a life too, and I've realized over the years that I shouldn't treat myself as some tool to improve the lives of others. That's why I chose a class that feels natural, and spend time doing what I love.

But I still think the life well-lived is a life of doing good, and I will always strive for that, IRL and here.

Also, to clarify, I don't seek immortality precisely. We all die, and eternity is an illusion. I'm simply looking for an indefenite life span - removing the hard, knowable cap of years I have on this planet. It seems like a thing worth doing - a natural continuation of the self love I've learned to express by keeping healthy, looking to both sides when crossing the road, etc. I'm still a finite creature, and a human life in linear time is still all I seek.