1. - Top - End - #956
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fyraltari watches The Clone Wars (2008) for the first time

I see two possibilities for the corpses strung from the ceiling.

One is that Maul still has a sadistic streak even while insane and strings some of them up when there isn't enough meat on them, or he just isn't particularly hungry, as a terror tactic to keep the others from bothering him.

The other idea I have is that the junkers themselves put them there, as an offering or bait of some kind, hoping to appease Maul or to lure him into a position where they can shoot at him. Human(?) sacrifice to appease what is essentially a demon or bait to catch a wild animal seem like sensible options for them.

Hell, maybe they're Maul's version of windchimes hanging in the back garden.

The giant dragon machines are probably meant to incinerate, crush and melt down the junk, like an all in one version of various real life scrap processing machines, but with a weird sci-fi/fantasy vibe. Someone probably collects the materials they collect and refine from the garbage to sell on to offworlders as cheap raw materials. Stupidly overcomplicated for the job, as is an entire moon serving as a multi-planet scrapyard, but it is Star Wars, their industry in general makes no sense.

As for Maul's legs, he's meant to have made them as I understand it. They're not proper cybernetics obviously, more just junk held together by subconcious usage of his force powers and a little bit of actual construction. Presumably made while he was horribly injured but not properly insane yet, crawling through garbage and eating rats to survive, and gradually adding to this crude prosthetic mass, first to protect his lightsaber wound, then to try and improve his movement, eventually getting to the point of multiple shoddy limbs that can just about support him between them. Then as he went more and more insane he subconsciously started modifying it, becoming more animalistic in appearance as he did in mind until he became a spider cowering in the dark.

Real question is how does Maul go to the bathroom? The ends to his digestive tract and urinary tract were presumably in the half of him that included his long lost knees*, so he'd either have cauterised tubes or just sphincterless holes in his charred torso stump, neither of which is conducive to hygenic waste excretion. Proper cybernetics would presumably have catheters or waste recyclers or something, but I can't imagine he'd shove bits of rusty garbage into the destroyed remnants of his colon and bladder to try and improvise a new set of sphincters.

Then again he's a lunatic determined to survive at all costs, so perhaps he did manage to catheterise himself with the Star Wars version of disposable straws and exhaust pipes without dying. Disturbing thought.

*Making an assumption about Zabrak biology here, but it seems a safe bet that their anus and genitals are in roughly the same spot as a humans and work more or less the same.
    Last edited by Grim Portent; 2022-01-25 at 07:39 PM.
    Sanity is nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.