Quote Originally Posted by LudicSavant View Post
Glad to hear you're enjoying it! You can actually find quite a few testimonials / stories about using the builds in games on here by now (including a few on just the last page of the thread)... it's just sort of scattered all over the place. But it's always nice to see more =)
I knew they were there, that's what brought it to mind. I was thinking more like, one or two per build. All 120 of them. I realise that this is a tall order, but it's worth a shot

But really, you don't have to force them. Just take advantage of them not moving, and you'll either benefit from that, or they'll decide that the damage they take isn't as bad as whatever the consequences of not moving are (and then you'll get your procs).
I get it, thank you.That makes a lot more sense, and I can see how I've been approaching it from the wrong angle.

Unfortunately I may have to call this a draw and not worry about it, by sheer coincidence the rest of the party is entirely unsuited to this sort of setup - there's two ranged artificers, a fighter with a rifle, a ranger with a longbow, and an Undead/Chain Warlock. Did I mention that my unarmoured human is tanking because I'm also the only melee-capable build? That may have been important. Still, it'll be fine until the point that it isn't, and when that happens I'll be too dead to worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinar
*There is one other fun interaction with the Ashardalon's Stride spell I've recently been made aware of: like Sneak Attack, you can proc the damage offturn if you find a way to move with your reaction. Scout Rogue is the only way I'm familiar with, but if there are any others, let me know! Personally I think delaying full casting levels doesn't justify it offensively until relatively late, but it could be a good escape option nevertheless.
Any class can use the Ready action to prep a Move, and then trigger it as a Reaction. Might not always be worth giving up your main action, but if you have a reliable way to function using only Bonus actions it might work. Not much springs to mind though, apart from just exclusively dispensing Healing Words and Bardic Inspiration, but I suppose it could be done?