[St. Leonard's Hospital]

If Frigate weren't an angel, why would he look like one? is probably what Carmen's thinking. "Oh. Yeah, drowning's pretty hard to defend against. Don't think I could defend against it."

Carmen sits back up so she can listen to them better again. "I..." she says, not quite loud enough, before the sudden musical number starts like they're in a musical or something.

Carmen doesn't recognize the song, so she just assumes it's one of theirs that they didn't have time to get to in the concert. After all, they didn't exactly have radio where she was locked up.

So...yeah. Definitely doesn't know the song. Trying to get her to join in, Carmen shakes her head and mouths 'don't know it'.
And, besides, she's pretty sure if she tries to sing, she'll start coughing.

Once they stop, Carmen actually seriously considers what they were suggesting. "Haven't really sung in a long time. A little too busy, with jail and trying to find a long-lost-friend, and all."

She leans back again. "But...I suppose you have a point; it'll pay better than being a rent-a-girlfriend, or memory alteration," Carmen says, and then as a lighthearted aside, adds, "You wouldn't believe just how many people promise to pay after their memories are changed." You have to pay first.

With that aside taken care of, Carmen adds, "But if I do become a singer, I imagine that it might be easier to find her. . ."
Hmmm.
Definitely something to think about.
And!
Luckily, since absolutely nothing can possibly interrupt her time in the hospital, she definitely has time to think about that.