Quote Originally Posted by Plaids View Post
I like how Emelia mispronounced Iseara's last name due to her being flustered. Even with the mnemonic exercises she got her last name wrong which is a nice detail.
Given Emelia's view of Schlep, her sarcasm with Aleana, and her upbringing I think the group is getting a highborn lady who could rival Marion.

As for Emelia's questions to Jakk'ari I don't think shamanism and the light have any fundamental conflicts but hopefully Mr.Abdiel or a wiki search will find something. The first piece of the garden will be requested shortly.
I was thinking about Marion a lot; getting along or not, and was concerned it'd be a bad mix initially. But the more I think, the more obvious they either find each other good company, or are almost indifferent. The goals are different, but not in any real conflict, and as a Warlock with no discernible taint there's no immediate issue to be concerned with. Also they have a kind of noble etiquette in their back pocket and similar ish personality traits, flaws aside. I would be surprised if any large issues come up that aren't frankly felt by everyone.

Love that you answered my garden question and gave a wise shamany answer about avoiding potential conflict. Not sure I appreciate what it fully means, but I like it.

Also MrAbdiel may or may not have totally 100% said in a PM he could have deleted and forgotten by now that you should maybe consider introducing me to the NPCs in your story! Chief Diplomat and Liaison and all hat. But it's a pretty daunting thing, tbh, doing all that, so I feel maybe we should find a fair way to go about it. Like say, idk ....go in alphabetic order of race? Or maybe....alphabetic order of names? That could work too.

Or maybe we should just go for opposites. Like, you know, paladins are so melee, and we already have Aleeana for arrows, so maybe get more mages? Really there's so many ways to do this. You're the expert here I'm just throwing out impartial unbiased non self interested ideas here.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
I have gone back and retconned the letter Emilia got so it now says 'Runescape' referring to Isaera's family, because it was likely a typo on JWL's part, and it's funny to me that she spent all this time memorizing names and had been given a bum steer.

Shamanism and the light do not have any true conflicts. But both tend to form the spiritual core of the societies that adopt them, pushing out reference to the other. Which is to say, having two practitioners together under one roof, using different disciplines, isn't a mechanical problem; just a philosophical one. And, basically, the understanding that humans and the other alliance races have of shamanism is quite weak, since they have so little of it in their own ranks presently.
no means no to letter retcon plz :<

Play on (this time)!

Also, I like how you actually understand all this to the point where I no longer feel lost OOC as well. It's strangely reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
Runescape would be a humorous slip of the tongue I'll deal with properly.

But as far as I am aware, Isaera's eyes are still blue.
This really feels like it must be half sister territory even if I know it isn't because magic. Gonna ask questions IC later on because it's pretty obvious.

But blue is blue so whoops. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
Mor'Lag was inspired by unpleasant philosophers I don't necessarily agree with IRL, but can't claim to fully understand, either. Most notably, Nietzche. I have to give credit to the show Andromeda for modeling it.

Strength is a the cardinal virtue, followed by tenacity. Her culture exalts animals as moral exemplars. The Ogres never surrender and seek only to further their own goals, followed by the goals of their clan. They acknowledge authority only by blood- either in kinship or the fear of its shedding. Honor, to them, is just a gloss to cover thus fact, and they disdain the orcs for actually making a virtue of it.

Mor's hatred of magic is a huge cultural departure, a mental illness by the standards of her people, and trying to become a mage represents healing.
That's a clear and crisp breakdown I would have struggled to get through my glancing alone, so tyvm! Never read Nietzche and probably never will? He sounds very.....hardcore? But he was supposed to have a really constrained and difficult life so it's no wonder I feel differently.

One of those things.

What's compelled you to look him up? Academic or personal interest or?

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
That said- Mor'Lag is not evil, merely aggressively neutral, in DnD terms. She has no malice or sadism in her, just a total lack of sympathy.
Neutral Warlike is best Warlike, Feathersnow. #impartial

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
Hahah! Excellent. This moment will feed the furnace of Isaera's self image for days to come, I expect. Also - was it a typo to all her miss "Runescape", or just a floundering vis-à-vis the stunlock?

Hold off on the 3 week plan, I'll throw open the floor to that soon. Giving the other Chars a chance to respond IC their impressions of Emilia, and then onwards we go!
Let's all pretend it was intentional and not just a pleasant mistake due to late night writing. :>

That said, like the PM request, no saving face here with retcon plz. I like the option to retcon, but I'm comfy playing from where the ball landed (this time, anyway....)

Holding off on the 3 week plan. With WindStruck and Plaids replies in, should I wait a bit more for BP? It would be helpful to have a warlocks expertise but no big deal if Marion is distracted. Maybe. It's not great if she's away but we might have to make due.