Ukry's Grove

"Sounds ter me like yer can both commiserate on the wanton flows of uncontrolled magic that comes with learning how the stuff works. Leastways considering yer having enough trouble with at least one of yer forms." Grimmjaw brushes a few spots of powder off the counter, then finishes organizing the different shelves, sort of in an absentminded kind of way that a drugstore clerk might mess with pill bottles to make sure all the labels face the front and all the rows are straight. "Ain't not too good to lose family over differences, because those differences are often what make the family strong. It's what surprises me so much about all of these social groups that hold up their monogamies between two similar folks as good. The ulfen take pride in large families, with strong differences in skills and bodies; it gives us the best chance to overcome each challenge that awaits. And the most chance ter find yer imprint, iffin' that be in the stars." There is an equal parts pride and also rigorous critic of his people in the statement, as if Grimmjaw wasn't happy that perhaps more Ulfen might be having less communal family groups in recent times, but that he appreciates the bonds and skill sharing that occurs in those communities. The mention of imprint is bittersweet, and there is a definite hint that the older warrior doesn't want to get into that.

"So then, what are yer plans to progress them dreams today? Seems like the shops gonna be deader then a doornail, probably means the witch didn't put up runescript advertisements telling the location today, so it's none too much trouble fer me to go walk with yer and figure sommat out too do. That is, if yer don't have any other plans for the day. Might as well work on yer future,do something other than stand in a dusty old shop, right boy?" There is a hint of a half fatherly tone here, though the wolf's face remains fairly stoic.