Verglas

As Horse collapses down to the ground, Verglas focuses on the most oddly incongruous details. Flecks of spittle on the horse's mouth. The hazy horizon, in which grey sky merges with snowy hillside. The sneer of hatred in Endrow's voice.

So. Endrow encourages Lyssa's elopement, counting on the curse to eliminate Lyssa...and the chumps sent to rescue her. He kills Hardwalker, and in the absence of an heir, Endrow steps in as some kind of 'regent' or other, and possession becomes nine-tenths of Harwalker f***ing Hall.

And then she landed heavily in the snow, the wind knocked out of her for a moment. And then as she did with the Frost Folk, Verglas clasped a handful of the snow she had fallen into.

"I take back what I said about controlled environments last night Lyssa If you would care to give full vent to your emotions, focus on Endrow's face right now and let loose."

Verglas, sadly, did not have the raw power of the elements on tap. She had to use careful art. Discipline. She spoke words of power, and then lobbed a snowball into the midst of the trip threatening them.

She fumbled at her shoulder to haul out the crossbow that had served her well throughout this mad journey.

Spoiler: OOC
Show
My assumption is that Verglas and Lyssa are prone and (if possible) getting partial cover from Ember's corpse.

Verglas will cast Giltterdust, using snow as a material component to make it a Cold Spell. This then adds +2 to the DC and +1 (or +2, if it's currently lower than -20F) to the caster level. Blinds the targets. Will DC 18 negates. Focused on the centre of Endrow and his two thugs.

Spellcraft to determine what spell Endrow cast: roll[1d20+13[/roll]

then move action to pull out her crossbow.