View Single Post

Thread: Ozodrin (5E Conversion, PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #197
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ozodrin (5E Conversion, PEACH)

So! I've been making some more tweaks recently. Of the issues others brought up in the comments above, I believe the pdf and doing >something< with the fluff of Abstract Flesh's symbol are the only things left.

If anyone has more playtest information to share, comments, etc, please do so~

Edit: Some recent changes (updated less frequently than the update log):
    Spoiler: Some recent changes
    Show

[1/28/2022]
    FIN - Nerfed Whirling Fins (Bonus damage is now conditional)
    PUPPET - Toy Puppet Carrying Capacity Exploit Fixed.
    STOMACH - Stomach has an AC total now, and specifies your other alterations can affect it.

[1/30/2022]
    TENTACLE - Coiling Tentacle grapple now takes a reaction.
    STOMACH - Digestive Rift can disrupt teleports, Swallow nerfed to trigger con save at 15->10 damage, Glutenous Rift doubles stomach size / stomach realm size.

[2/1/2022]
    STOMACH - Refined Palate reworked to be less INT-dependent.
    - Windswept Maw's Exhale has been changed (again) to be less complicated.

[2/3/2022]
    Spike - Replaced Flickering Spikes with the stronger Distorted Implements. The advantage on melee attacks was lost in exchange for a few passive benefits and an increase to 3 uses of the bonus action instead of 2.

[2/6/2022]
    Spike - Increased Bone Hedge damage to 3d8.
    - Added a longevity extension to Carved Spikes and added a few more example creations. 1hr->4hr is a pretty big deal, imo.
    EYE - Focal reduced to 1fp.

[2/9/2022]
    EYE - Daunting's Despair option also gives advantage to Insight(Wisdom) now.
    MAIN CLASS - Removed "Survival" from skills, added "Sleight of Hand" and "Performance". What Survival does in 5e doesn't have much of a thematic tie to Ozodrin.

[2/10/2022]
    FLESH - Blending Flesh replaced with Discrete Flesh, because I finally did a careful read-through of the Hiding rules for 5E. The old wording didn't even make sense in 5E terminology! How did that survive as one of the longest never-changed alterations?! It's because Primary(Flesh) was unpopular for many years and this is a Tier III alteration whose intent could be easily grasped, isn't it...? >.>
    - Magic Consuming Flesh -> Unearthly Flesh. Now includes "evasion for Con saves" on top of the limited spell eating.

Eh, I didn't note it anywhere but "do something with Blending Flesh" has been on my mental checklist for quite some time so I guess it wasn't really getting a bye.
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2022-02-10 at 07:57 PM.