View Single Post

Thread: GLoG 94: Good place to grow up

1. - Top - End - #247
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 94: Good place to grow up

[WITCHES]

Khannie looks, quite frankly, insulted.

"I'm not trying to sell my soul. I'm not dumb. I'm trying to make sure my soul doesn't get turned into a crazy monster ghost thing."

She figures that monster ghost is a reasonable enough description of a Witch.

Reaching up to the little stud in her ear, Khannie manifests her Magical Girl gem! A beautiful purple crystal in the shade of an egg with elaborate gold filigree.

The stone is her soul.

Not her soul is IN the stone.

Her soul IS the stone.

And the egg shape is no accident; it is incubating something terrible.

"I made a wish with this little white cat fox rabbit thing and he stuck my soul in this. I asked him if there were downsides but he left out the turning into a monster part."

A beat.

"Okay maybe I'm a little dumb."

[Lakeside Hole Digging]

Khannie just gives a shrug. She hasn't ever been on a treasure hunt before so this is all new territory for her. She would have guessed that people just have maps and follow them to treasure. Or steal one from a pirate or something.

"I found the key in that hollow tree over there," Lapis says, pointing at the tree in question. "There was also a possum it hissed at me a bunch but I loved it anyway."

"Where did the box go?" Khannie suddenly pipes up. Lapis had been holding the lockbox and pulled the map out and Khannie THOUGHT the box must have been put on the ground but now she doesn't see it anywhere.

Weird.

[Pouncing at Snow Drifts]

Gilda eyes this cat person a few seconds later before turning and heading towards the daycare cabin, giving her tail a little flick as she goes.

"You can tell my sis about knitting," Gilda says. She is one hundred percent not interested but she thinks Gwen will like it.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2022-02-18 at 11:30 PM.