"Loud..." Literion complained, as the echoes of the thunderstorm blast died away. What had happened to the sound dampener that protected your hearing from overwhelmingly loud noises?

...for that matter, what had happened to a great many other things?

He reached down, tentatively, touching the top of a gravestone with one finger - he'd been in his human form when the servers had gone down (or at least when they were supposed to have gone down) - and recoiled when he actually felt it. "What..?"

The grating voice of an undead creature speaking to him caught his attention. He turned to face the speaker - and shivered as the fear aura washed over him. That was more than just a little popup in the status bar of a cartoony shocked face.

He took a few steps away until he was out of the aura.

"I...I don't know." He brought up the game interface, scrolling through it for a few moments. "Maybe because they were turning the servers off permanently they didn't bother with the usual process to boot everyone? And since we're still on here, maybe it won't shut down gracefully, but enough of the shutdown process worked that the main connection APIs have been turned off, which would explain why we can't disconnect either." To an external observer, that explanation might have even made sense. "But..." He looked back at the gravestone he'd touched.

He raised his hands, paused, and looked over to the Reaper again. "Uh, please don't try to kill me or anything. I'm not going to attack you. But I think this is going to suck..." He scrolled through his interface again, queuing up a couple of spells - and then let out a quiet gasp of pain as the magic of the spell cut into his hand, the blood flowing out and twining through the air like smoke before it became a shimmer of magical energy that spread out and coalesced into a small table laden with food. "Yeah, that sucked," he grimaced - although the wound closed just a few seconds later, taking the pain with it. "At least that still works."

He reached out and picked up one of the small chicken drumstick-like morsels that had been created by the spell, twisting it between his fingers for a few moments. Then he held it to his nose and sniffed at it, eyes widening slightly. All the scents he could smell really were from the game. He hesitated a moment before taking a bite of the roasted chicken.

"How...how is this possible?"

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Since people almost certainly have the Spellcraft etc to identify what he's doing - Blood Money'd Limited Wish to duplicate Bountiful Banquet .