Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
[That Cabin]

As soon as Braon mentions plastering someone's brains over the cobblestones, Sophie cuts her off with a wave of her hand. It's a strangely imperious gesture given how casual it is.

"You're wrong, so I'm stopping you. I didn't kill that man. But I think my life story can wait until later. If you're honest with me, you can expect the same in return. But right now we need to get you settled. You have to rest."
[That Cabin]

Braon frowns. Hmph. Even if she's wrong about Sophie, she gets the feeling it's not by a lot (but of course she would, catching on when she's in the process of misjudging someone is a paradoxical notion), so it just disgruntles her that she's denied to opportunity to pick this lady apart.

In self-defense, of course.

But going into the cabin to rest? Yeah, she can handle that.

Braon turns and goes to open the cabin door. If it's locked, that will last for about three seconds; she's not putting up with any locks today. As soon as she's in, she'll give a little shiver; it'll be cooler in the cabin, which is beneficial for most people, but not an ex-resident of the Scorching Depths.