[Cavorting With Witches]

Alone.

Unaware.

Sick.

In a Labyrinth with no Witch.

What was happening before she woke up here?

A building she rebuilt had just sunk into the mud and that ugly frog was sitting in the middle of the ruins. And then what? She had felt hopeless. Like nothing she could do mattered. And then-

-some time passed? Where she was just wallowing in the morbs, feeling terrible and useless and ugly.

But then someone reminded her of how happy people looked BEFORE her artwork kept getting thrashed. It was like coming up for a breath of air after getting dunked under water. Was it this lady who had pulled her out?

Alone.

Unaware.

Sick.

In a Labyrinth with no Witch. Wallowing in the morbs. Hating the ugly world. Reaching out to people and-

Mary's eyes suddenly widen.

"I'm the Witch,"
she half whispers, the surroundings altering slightly at the realization. Like brushstrokes of paint spreading from the brick road Mary had created, spreading color into the bleak surroundings. "The Witch was me, wasn't it? It's loony but that's the truth of it, right? But Kyuubee said I was to be fighting Witches, not being one."

Was she lied to?

Or did the strange cat just leave that part out?

She turns to Sekhmet, a pleading, hopeful look on her face. "I didn't... I didn't hurt anyone, did I ma'am? Please say I didn't I wouldn't ever mean to."

Zebes can actually answer that question. He and Khannie had caught Mary shortly after she was bewitched, before anyone stumbled into her Labyrinth to be devoured.