Spoiler: OOC
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
After collecting some reconnaissance on the group of others that had gathered around the area, Drake will reveal himself, bursting from the ground in the form of a whirlwind before coalescing his form into that of a more humanoid looking air elemental.

"Greetings, friends. I gather that we are all of likewise condition - players trapped in their character avatars. None of us can leave, and it's only a matter of time before we die to starvation or random power surges. Still, isn't it awesome?" Drake says, grinning.

Drake waltzes over to the window overlooking the closest city, turning his back on all present.

"A whole new world to conqueror. A whole new world to break. This limited amount of time we have...I'm going to make the most of it. Feel free to join me, or to stop me, if you wish."

If none speak up, Drake will transform once more into a whirlwind, fly high into the sky, and then fly inconspicuously towards the nearest city. Once there, he will shapechange into a humanoid creature native to the area and begin to gather intelligence, aiming primarily for understanding the current leaders as well as an estimate of the city's military and magical might. Once he knows who the city's leaders are, he will infiltrate the cabinet and cast Geas/Quest on the head honcho.
Quote Originally Posted by Dakrsidder View Post
I had a bad feeling something like that might happen considering how easy it'd be for someone to do so I just hope it doesn't end up doing damage
Well, Krause isn't going to find out by experience - the fantasy of being a dictator misses the actual impact - but dictators are actually very miserable folk (few admit to it, however - their pride gets in the way). Sure, they've got a lot of pleasures in their lives, but humans have a need to feel appreciated, and basically nobody appreciates a dictator. In making the most of things by taking the path of a conqueror, Drake would actually be crafting his own personal abyss (and unfortunately dragging a very large number of people along for the ride).

Unfortunately, as the DM, I'm not a player, and so don't have a character in play that can laugh in his face at the moment. Oh well.

Still, conquering the world takes quite some time, and Sandpoint is a small town, rather than a city, so I guess that Kraouse there is leaving the field of play. So long!