View Single Post

Thread: Ozodrin (5E Conversion, PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #200
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ozodrin (5E Conversion, PEACH)

Given the likeyhood of WotC changing short rests somehow in 2024, I've started looking into how to minimize the Ozodrin's usage of them. In some cases (Focus Surge) I'm not going to change anything until I see exactly what WotC is planning there.

The main limiter, though, is Malleable Form. Without MF there's nothing in the core class that forces the Ozodrin alterations to stick to short rest mechanics. I also compiled a list of all alterations with short rest recharges.. it's not a large list. Eye and Spike are mostly the only issues. Anyway, idea for replacing Malleable Form.

New lvl9 idea:
    Spoiler: Overwrought Form
    Show

Overwrought Form
    At 9th level, you become capable of warping your body beyond its limits, for a time. Upon gaining this ability, choose 3fp worth of Tier I advanced alterations you have access to. You can remake this choice whenever you reach a level in this class that grants the Ability Score Improvement feature, and starting at 12th level you can also choose Tier II alterations from your Primary and/or Secondary traits when you do so.

You can meditate for one minute in order to gain the benefits of one or more of these chosen alterations for one hour without using any form points. For each chosen alteration, you only gain its benefits if you both meet its prerequisites and have not already added it to your current form. In addition, if the alteration has a usage limit, the limit is reduced to a single use (e.g. “twice per long rest” → “once per long rest”) when you gain its benefits in this way. Once you use this feature you must complete a long rest before doing so again.

Old:
    Spoiler: Malleable Form
    Show
    Starting at 9th level, you may redistribute up to 5 of your form points when you finish a short rest. Once you’ve redistributed a total of 5 form points this way, over one or more short rests, you must finish a long rest before doing so again.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2022-03-06 at 01:31 AM.