Thread: The Wandering Inn

1. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: The Wandering Inn

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yea, and it's clear Relc always was someone who was trying to be a good person, but he just didn't get how. I was rereading around the part where the Golden Triangle stuff happened and his reaction to realizing he ****ed up and hurt so many people crushes me.

Spoiler
    Show
    She's a monster. Pure evil. I hope one day someone plants a few tank rounds directly into her soul and them sets what's left of her in fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Crusader 57 is the absolute best part of that whole arc. I do consider Klb to be a less then perfectly reliably narrator for a lot of this as well though since he just naturally has the personality of a rock... that is also a **** father.
    Spoiler: Relc
    Show
    Absolutely. The part where he takes his life savings and starts handing it out is one of the most heartbreaking scenes in the series.

Spoiler: Death of Magic?
    Show
    Are we talking about the same Demon? Death of Chains is the Genie who saves slaves, Death of Magic is up there with Belvier and Az'Karrash for worst people IMO.

Spoiler: Antinium
    Show
    I also love how over the course of the series you see how badly the Antinium abuse the workers and soldiers, and then kill them if they break down. It's like the Doombringer arc but with 1000 times as many people, and 57 is angrier Mrsha. The scene where the priest antinium start getting the warble when confronted with the idea that their suffering isn't natural but caused by others is amazing.

[Rhir]
    Spoiler
    Show
    So at this point I'm thinking what is under Rhir is a really big Old One, like Actelioush and the Mother under Liscor but bigger. The 6 god's seem more like D&D gods, and it has flesh warping abilities like Actelioush and Liscor's Mother do. The Antinium being flesh shapers seems very much in line with that rather then the deities.

One of the really interesting side questions brought up by Roshal's Horror Ranks is whether Rashkar are actually Gnolls with horror ranks and aspects like a Flesh Eater. Humans turn into Ghouls from cannibalism, Gnolls turn into werewolves. The Florist lost a lot of her mental abilities and became really monstrous before regaining her mind from kindness.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2022-03-10 at 04:43 PM.