View Single Post

Thread: Inside 73: Holiday Rush

1. - Top - End - #788
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 73: Holiday Rush

Midnight Park

Jaahlyn giggles at that comment. "Just complimenting you, that's all. Since we did that earlier, didn't we? Some low-key flirting, eh?" She winks. "It doesn't mean anything and I figured that since that most people around here are pony or at least pony-adjacent I might be the only one at the bar that appreciates your radiant beauty." The satyr grins widely, looking completely shameless.
    But she quickly reels it in. "But if you want me to stop, I'll stop. Since I can control it and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable." She nods, looking completely serious for a moment.

[Arkham Street - Black Goat Park]

Jaahlyn sticks her tongue back at the pooka before she starts singing. Getting PRANKED was far as she could tell a fey tradition at parties. Pixies for instance liked to kill one another which wasn't really as hilarious to her as the rest of the fey. But as long as it wasn't anything serious like that she wouldn't wouldn't mind getting PRANKED that much. It was just like any kind of party trick that set the mood.

But speaking of setting the mood, that was her purpose right now and she had an good idea of what fey liked.

Thus, her melodies grows increasingly chaotic and frantic. The tempo of all the songs she's playing only increasing.
    This was a turning point where the music turned dangerous to mortals. Most forms of mortals felt a natural beat in music. It was difficult to at least not nod to the tempo it gave off. This enchanted kind of music made that impulse far stronger and made impulse-control harder so once they started moving to the music or felt a sudden need to do something it would be difficult to stop doing it until the music was turned off. To fey that wasn't a problem as their more conceptual nature made them more in tune to the music. It was like it was carrying their bodies rather than the other way around so they could just party on as usual.

This was also one of the reasons she didn't resort to this kind of cheating outside of parties like this as even she would have some difficulty stopping playing the music now that she got going. One could say it gained a life of its own which is why she called it the music of the night. Partly since it was party music but also since there was a darkness to it with how it bent mind's to its will.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-03-16 at 01:24 PM.