1. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLIII: "This Is A New LoW For Us All"

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    The Horus Heresy is getting a new edition. They say it's still going to be based on the 7th edition 40k rules, though, so I guess we'll see where they would have gone with it if they hadn't done a total reset in 8th.
    Some rules did leak for it: the only thing I can specifically remember is that walkers now use a infantry-like profile, everything has a Movement value, and it looks as if the USRs are a little simpler (Shrouded (1) and (2) instead of "stealth" and "shrouded" for instance, Bulky (4) instead of Very, Extremely, etc etc). Looks like a sensible amount of tidying up, and will probably require new profiles for everything but, like, it's a game with like three "codexes", how long will that take them. There was a set of leaks that I find credible that the release model will be something like 40k 9th/AOS3 - big launch box like Indomitus, probably in June/July like that was, then smaller starter sets a little later out, and the rumors say rules for Blood Angels, Imperial Fists, and Sons Of Horus are coming pretty soon.

They also clarified that generic things would be getting new plastic models (there's a new kind of Sicaran in the trailer) which is neat, and that legion-specific things wouldn't be, at least for now, which is a shame but not unexpected and nice to be clarified. I hope I can finish my breachers and Arcus by then: just polished off Rann and Sigismund, Battle Bros.
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2022-03-24 at 06:25 AM.