Quote Originally Posted by Avaris View Post
Yeah… all that stuff about the Emperor and background that Cheesegear uses is interesting, but not essential to understanding the setting. It’s stuff you get to later. It’s like starting an explanation of Marvel with “ok, so there’s Iron Man, who was a billionaire and got kidnapped by a terrorist group claiming to be the Ten Rings. Hold up, the Ten Rings are a criminal organisation led by this guy with some powerful rings, but no one knows where they come from, as they’re not Eternals tech… so the Eternals are…”

One thing GW settings have really nailed is the ‘elevator pitch’ of the setting. That first paragraph of text you read. I haven’t really seen that with many other systems and settings, so the rise of stuff like MCP is interesting. Though without knowing anything much about the system, I assume it is not so easy to really feel like you’re playing with ‘my dudes’ as it is with GW characters: Iron Man is Iron Man, albeit with a choice of different suits he can be using. So similar niche, but GW etc offers stuff it doesn’t.
Plus nowadays you can always pull up Warhammer TV on your phone if trying to convince a friend, or have it playing on a loop in your store.