View Single Post

Thread: Vigil 8: Try jumping

1. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Vigil 8: Try jumping

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Cessie's Office]

Like Cessie, Ambrosia is using gloves. Unlikely Cessie, her gloves are made of metal. In fact, the fact that she's wearing a full armor simply for a meeting is odd. But this was the nexus and people probably wore armor for all sort of weird circumstances.
    "If-" But Ambrosia pauses as she too, much like Khafir, seems to be able to tell that the commander is about to open the backdoor of the office.

And sure enough. "It's best if you stay here actually, Doctor Khafir." Cessie remarks as she seemingly seem to have heard part of their discussion through the door as it was slightly open.
    She glances at Ambrosia and Khafir might be able to read a hint of annoyance in her expression. "Since while we're trying to limit the spread of information, there are some people that have to know and doctor Khafir is one of them."

The sorceress sits down in her chair and looks to Khafir while gesturing at Ambrosia. "Doctor Khafir, meet Ambrosia, or should I say Megeshi. She's the dragon that attacked us earlier."

"While I couldn't control myself." The scholar interjects while maintaining the same neutral expression.

"Yes, as I understood it she was under the control of a fey and I believe her since she's aided VIGIL for a while now. All while never telling us her true identity however." She glances at the scholar once more and frowns.
    Ambrosia instead turns to address Khafir though. "I apologize for any inconvenience I caused. I was rather distressed myself during the entire experience."
    [Cessie's Office]

"No apologies are necessary or relevant." Khafir replies matter-of-factly. "You may have difficulty believing it, but you are not the first in Vigil's history, or my own, to have something resembling a psychotic episode and cause extensive damage. It is exceedingly unlikely you will be the last." She takes this moment to hand her file off to Cessie, as though quietly drawing emphasis to an imminent incident in the making. "A statement of regret will not make any inconveniences... less so. Nor will its absence hamper repair or recovery efforts. As far as I am concerned, the matter was closed before we met."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2022-03-24 at 03:03 PM.