1. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLIII: "This Is A New LoW For Us All"

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    I like the look of the buggies. I've been playing a lot of Necromunda recently - my Orlocks, the Dead Saints, have been rattling along at the bottom of our campaign for some time, but I now have the fairly OP combo of the Tunnels territory and a ganger with meltagun and chainsword, who pops out of the tunnels and reliably puts an enemy OOO every turn. With that and some decent luck, I'm suddenly in 4/10th place and have no idea how to deal with such lofty heights. I might buy a lot of carapace armour. I like the idea of adding the buggies to my biker gang - I hope they add bikes too.
    From what I have read of Ash Wastes, it's more or less an alternate game-mode - similar to the difference between Blood Bowl and Dungeon Bowl in that it uses the same rules as the main game, but it self-contained rather than being an expansion.

If that's the case, I expect that each of the current gangs will get a vehicle to use in the Wastes - Orlocks get the ATVs and I imagine that Van Saar will keep their hoverboards, so I'd be amazed is SOMEONE didn't get a 'bike. I'm thinking slender dirt-bikes for Escher gangs, and big greasy hogs with side-cars for Goliath, maybe? And then an APC for Enforcers? Something like that, probably.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2022-04-13 at 07:56 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation