1. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: This year we kill it: Corona Virus Thread Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I would not use the National Review as a source, just in general.)
    I link to them because as you will see in the article, they are not reporting rumors or their own firsthand reporting but are quoting mainstream sources to which they had their own commentary which, in this case, seemed worth passing on. In this case, the referenced sources are The Guardian , Vice , The Lancet , ABC, Straits Times and ... well, I give up. There are at least a few more. It's an opinion piece, not an academic article, so the sources are inline links rather than conveniently footnoted at the bottom. Yes, it is opinion piece but they put in the work to make it more than a talk show rant. If you believe they are wrong on matters of fact, please post counter-arguments and I will consider them; I have in fact posted fact-checks to other people's assertions in this thread, so I can hardly complain about being fact-checked myself. If you do not dispute their facts but do dispute their logic and conclusions, feel free to advance your argument and I will, likewise , consider it.

Although, come to think of it, I don't yet see us actually disagreeing on anything substantive, at least at this point.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    Last edited by pendell; 2022-03-25 at 02:41 PM.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl