Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
I mean I was able to finish Dark Souls 3, but I didn't with Dark Souls 1 or 2. Maybe it is the shorter game, but it definitely has less unpleasant and unfair surprises in their boss mechanics. And I loved O&S.

Nito's respawning enemy crowds, Seath's forced death and 4 Kings basically being a dps fest is honestly more or less bull**** boss design.
I would argue that O&S are still harder than all of those other than 4 Kings, but that's besides the point.

O&S don't have a reputation as a bad boss, or even one with BS boss design. They have their reputation because they are a massive stepchange in power from the earlier bosses in Dark Souls 1, and the only solution is to "git gud". If you've beaten Dark Souls 3, you have already "gotten gud" and O&S's reputation is a bit of a letdown. Their reputation at the time the game came out was absolutely deserved, because people were spending many hours trying and failing to beat them. On my original playthrough I was forced to break my "I'll do it myself" rule and summon in another player for help. That's not something which was required for any of the later bosses, because by the time I fought them I was better at the game and had better gear.