Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
I would argue that O&S are still harder than all of those other than 4 Kings, but that's besides the point.

O&S don't have a reputation as a bad boss, or even one with BS boss design. They have their reputation because they are a massive stepchange in power from the earlier bosses in Dark Souls 1, and the only solution is to "git gud". If you've beaten Dark Souls 3, you have already "gotten gud" and O&S's reputation is a bit of a letdown. Their reputation at the time the game came out was absolutely deserved, because people were spending many hours trying and failing to beat them. On my original playthrough I was forced to break my "I'll do it myself" rule and summon in another player for help. That's not something which was required for any of the later bosses, because by the time I fought them I was better at the game and had better gear.
I feel the duo is just the way of the game telling us: "Hey, numbnut, there is a reason we have NPC and player summons in our game. Go call a buddy to make it even." because my first win against them was with Solaire at hand. And I definitely did not "git gud", since I did Dark Souls 3 with the 1.0 version Dark Sword abuse.

There's basically a highly OP sword about one third into the game, that meshes with well the knight class (and a quality Str/Dex build and also the easiest build and class) and its moveset can counter like 90% of enemies by either having broad enough swings or enough stagger to stop the smaller ones while having good damage to fell the larger enemies fast enough.

No way in hell I am good enough to win Dark Souls with any kind of esoteric build (short of maybe abusing magic in DS 1). Spam Soul Arrow for the win!