1. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What Are You Playing 6: DLCs of Kevin Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by Gyro89 View Post
    Well, I just beat the Four Kings, probably gonna hit the sack soon.

Also can someone explain how covenants work? I just met a second black snake(?) and its giving me the option to join him. I already joined the cleric one so is there any downside to joining a new one?
    from the fextralife wiki on DS1:
    Breaking/Abandoning a Covenant
    It is possible to leave or abandon a covenant by joining another covenant. However, abandoning a covenant in this manner will count as a sin, which will make the player the target of Dark Moon invasions unless they absolve their sins via Oswald of Carim, for a fee equal to their level times 500. If the player wants to abandon their covenant without this occurring, they must do so by speaking to Oswald.
    Furthermore, some covenants have rules or restrictions that, if disobeyed, will "break" the covenant. If this happens, the covenant is immediately abandoned, and the player must absolve their sins through Oswald or else risk the wrath of the Dark Moon covenant.
    Regardless of how the player leaves their covenant, half of the offerings given to that covenant are lost and their rank is adjusted accordingly. For example, if the player had given 40 offerings and were at rank +2 before they abandoned their covenant, if they return later their rank will be +1 and they will need to offer 10 more to get back to rank +2. Covenant offerings and rank cannot go below zero in this way.

Dark Souls Remastered: You may abandon a covenant through the bonfire menu. This does not add Sin.
    so if your playing Remastered if you want join his covenant its as simple as abandoning the first covenant in the bonfire menu so that you don't get invaded.....assuming that matters anymore? who knows what the DS1 pvp scene is like post-Elden Ring, assuming the online servers for DS1 are even back up.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-04-10 at 09:29 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".