Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
Eh, the Malk companion was the hit/miss-iest among them all -- it's obvious that they tried to show off there since it's Malk and people would expect craaazy Malk content.

The others weren't like that, though. Overall I found it to be pretty well written. Though it was clearly more linear than most people expected.
Yeah, but... the entire scene is set up to be 'you think it's a Masquerade violation but psych every poster was her'. But the revelation fell completely flat for me, not only couldn't I accept the explanation it removed an interesting choice.

The other characters were much better, but that scene just broke it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
Oh, I've had worse. My first game, I played a Toreador who didn't learn a single combat skill until I was suddenly stuck in those ****ing sewers. Then I had to spec melee because that's pretty much all the game offered me.
Ouch. Yeah the game kind of blindsides you with the first true instances of required combat there. It's not so bad for a Brujah or a Nos who at least have Potence to boost melee and unarmed, but Toreador are designed for gunplay due to their Celerity+Auspex combo, and so if you go there without any guns you'll have a problem.

Tremere are best fighting with Disciplines, Gangrel get access to stronger unarmed attacks, and Ventrue and Gangrel can get tough enough to bludgeon theitr way through. It really is Toreador and Malks who have the most issues.

Also: Wow, it might be an actual crime I've never heard of Night Road before.

Edit: apparently, there's several of these interactive V:tM novels... are they to be played in any particular order?
I believe you can play them in any order. Night Road is the first but they should all be standalone stories.

And urgh, these games are making me want to pick up V20 (because the way V5 released Clans sucks, they want me to spend £40 on a setting book I won't use for Lasombra).