Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
Well, just completed Elex. In-game timer says around 44.5 hours, Steam more like 52 (presumably from reloads after dying). Liked the ending--it wrapped up the immediate threat while hinting at a new one going forward, which I guess is what Elex 2 is about? Since I enjoyed the first one I may well buy and install it now to find out!
Nice! I started Elex 2 before backtracking to 1, and it definitely picks up the looming threat from the word go. No save game importing or anything like that though, canon ending for Elex 1 is joining the Berserkers, and romancing Caja.

Speaking of which, I decided to take a bit of an Elex break and fired up Godfall again, because I wanted something very mindless. Godfall does not disappoint on that front, it's just running around and stabbing dudes in the world's shiniest corridors. The stabbing is good too, there's a mechanic where light attacks queue up extra damage on a guy that you then trigger all at once with a heavy attack. If this kills them, they explode due to your awesomeness. In a game that contained challenge, this would be added depth, in Godfall its just a flex, and it feels great.

Actually the combat overall feels great. Attacks are fast, movement is fast, the dodge and parry windows are generous, it's just total player power trip.