I started playing the original Paper Mario today, via the Switch subscription that includes N64 games (decided to upgrade to that for a year to play some of the games on there that I haven't had another way to play in a long while, like this one). Pretty clear that it's just an emulation, not a remaster of any kind or anything - hell, the game text still refers to the N64 controller's buttons like the four C directional buttons. But it's playing quite well, so no complaints from me there. And man, does it hit the ol' nostalgia button. I don't know how long it's been since I last played this game, lost my old cartridge a long time ago, but it's still quite fun, and there's something classic-feeling about its story. Simple but enjoyable.

Also found out today that this Thursday is when BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle is getting rollback netcode on the PS4 version, so I'm holding off playing other fighting games until then to try and avoid bringing habits from Guilty Gear or the like with me when I start playing that again. I really look forward to dusting off my Yang/Ruby for a while, and then experimenting with other teams.