View Single Post

Thread: Is It OK?

1. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Is It OK?

Core Resolution Model:
    Are the players (including the GM) okay with it?
    Yes --> Then it is OK.
    No --> Start talking like adults. There might be a solution (probably an adjacent solution) everyone can be okay with even if they are not okay with this solution.

Was there a solution everyone can be okay with?
    Yes --> Do that instead.
    No --> Hmm. Continue talking like adults. There are some mutually exclusive desires with no overlapping compromise. Honestly this should be rare enough that the option of playing different games is a reasonable solution that everyone can be okay with despite being sad about it.

More specific:
    Different players (including those that are GMs) care about agency to different degrees. It is hard to boil it down to general advice without being far less accurate than learning your playgroup's positions.

For example I could assume I was part of the playgroup. That means my positions would inform some of the answers to the questions in the Core Resolution Model. When I do that, I end up with something similar to the other responses:
    "Why offer agency that you would decide to revoke?" and
    "Why would I let myself become so attached to one answer that I would be tempted to revoke agency I granted?"
    "Could this at least be very very rare? Humans are fallible and mistakes can be tolerated."
    Last edited by OldTrees1; 2022-04-17 at 04:14 PM.