View Single Post

Thread: Is It OK?

1. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Is It OK?

Quote Originally Posted by elros View Post
    I cannot think of a situation where a GM should overrule what a player decides. GMs should not design adventures that require players to make specific decisions.
    That said, there are times when a GM could allow a player a "do-over," especially if there was forgotten information or a bad roll. Luck should be part of the game, but that has to be balanced against a fun game experience.
    Hard disagree. I can and will deny certain player decisions in my games, like racial depending on campaign. Like character traits depending on theme. No anti-adventuring cowards in my heroic fantasy thank you very much (nor do I take kindly to PVPing or murderhoboing- if that's what your character would do make a new character).

To @OP, I have never run a game where cowardice is anything but a big flaw, and if cowardice translates into "yeah I'm not going into that dungeon", or "I'm not rescuing the villagers from the ogres", then you either make a new character that will go on the adventure the whole table signed up for. Or find a new table where that is OK.
    I can't speak for other DMs though. And if cowardice is something you intend for your character to overcome then it's a fine and good flaw.
    Last edited by Mastikator; 2022-04-18 at 09:04 AM.
    Black text is for sarcasm, also sincerity. You'll just have to read between the lines and infer from context like an animal