When I DM, and as a player I want the DM to do this, is interfere to stop a player from being a donkey cavity. Do not steal from the party. Do not purposely harm another PC even if only as collateral damage. The usual bad behaviors. Another player's enjoyment of the game does not overrule mine and vice versa. If the DM refuses to stop such behavior then I'm not playing anymore. I'm done with that male bovine feces.

As a DM I add no evil acts. The PCs do not have to be saints, but I will outright not allow torture, killing of innocents. or other evil deeds. Players know this before play begins. That's not the same thing as while being a player a fellow player is playing an evil character. I may not like the player playing an evil character the DM allows it, but it can be played in a non-donkey cavity way I can get over it for the sake of the game. Even better if I don't notice the evil out of character. Definitely the DM should not allow a player to excuse donkey cavity behavior claiming chaotic neutral as a defense.

That said, the DM controls the world and the trees, the gods and the bees. He does not control the PCs.