Quote Originally Posted by Itsfrank View Post
Hello. It looks like you are hard at work with all of these stories. I have a request please! My character is a Scourge Aasimar Divine Sorcerer/Crown Paladin. His childhood life was modest but lovely with pleasant family and friends. He had an innate ability to use his magic for helping others or random arcane tricks. But the world started finding the plague and he joined with a group of healers to help out everywhere as much as he could. I made a post about this group of healers like a month ago.
Oh his name Levrun d'Marc
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/aasimar
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/sorcerer:divine-soul
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/paladin:crown

This was fun to write. I like letting the characters tell the story for me. I just write what happens in my head.
For the footnote for (1) - I wasn't sure which Cantrip you were going to take - so I went with one. You could easily change it and say that was a situational thing, and you end up learning a new cantrip for your actual character creation. And the footnote for (2) - I don't know what level your character will be - but I used it as foreshadowing the Aasimar Scourge ability to emit light and the Divine Sorcerer ability to sprout angelic wings.
Hope you enjoyed it - would love to hear any comments you have (thoughts, good or bad) - as it helps keep the thread bumped and alive and lets me know how well I did at meeting your expectations.
Enjoy!
===========================

I knew I was different, even when I was young.

My mother, bless her heart, had always told me I’d been blessed by the angels. I just didn’t realize how close to the truth she had been. For all intents and purposes, I looked… normal, for lack of a better word. But there was something inside of me that made me feel different.

Though no one in my family was a practiced Mage of any kind, early on – I could feel it at my fingertips, some form of magical energy crackling inside of me, yearning to be awakened.

When I was sixteen – that yearning magic inside of me came out.

I’d been with my best friend, Allarias. We were both walking back to his house from the market when we saw grey smoke swirling into the air coming from the general direction of his home. We both quickened our pace and as we rounded the corner, we could see his home was on fire. His mother and father were outside crying – Allarias’ sister was nowhere to be seen. It was clear she was still trapped inside the burning home. Without even giving it a second thought, both Allarias and I dropped the groceries from the market and ran inside.

The smoke was everywhere – but it was the searing heat that made it difficult to get too far. Beams of wood had fallen and crackled with orange and red flame. We could hear Allarias’ sister crying just beyond the beams of burning wood. There was no way to get to her in the next room – the way the beams fell, with the fire… and so, I knew I had to just reach out and grab the beam, burn myself and yank it out of the way.

I expected to be burned – but that’s not what happened. The flame, in a five foot cube, simply extinguished itself, allowing us to get through. (1) We quickly grabbed Allarias’ sister, Mellana, and bolted out of the home, just as it crumbled behind us. The family embraced one another while I stared at my hands. How had I not gotten burned? Did I snuff the flames? Was it something done by the gods?

For several weeks, I relived that fire in my dreams; night after night. I couldn’t tell if I was supposed to be learning something from my dreams or if it’d simply been because it was subconsciously still on my mind – wondering how the fire had been extinguished.

The repeating of the dream-memory eventually ceased – but when I turned eighteen, it returned. But it was different.

Allarias and I had been approaching his home, just like we originally had been – but the fire on his home changed. It wasn’t orange and red flames consuming his house, it was a black mass – it looked like thousands of insects. And as we approached – these insects – or whatever it was – reacted to our approach. They rapidly surrounded us – and I watched Allarias die a horrible death of disease and plague – but, for myself – my eyes lit up, and a light burst from my eyes, mouth and finger tips as angelic wings suddenly sprouted from my back – driving the darkness back. (2)

As I looked around, in my dream – I could see the people, the land, the world itself was sick from some plague that swept over the world.

When I suddenly awakened from the nightmare – everything inside me changed.

I felt a calling not only in my heart – but at the very core of my soul – and what my mother had said – about being blessed by angels – I realized – was not as far from the truth as I might have believed. I could feel the urging of a god speaking to my soul and I would answer the call.