1. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 8: Base Violence and Unnecessary Change

[Slaver's Street Orphanage]

Ah, you don't feel any comradery with them. That's fine. You can do with your power and your wish whatever you desire.

The catfox watches the dwarf girl serenely, its tail slowly swishing back and forth.

The kind of magic depends on many things. You will be made stronger, faster, more resilient, and more resistant to pain. These are powers all Magical Girls receive. Those aren't the whole of the magic you'll gain, however.

Swish. Swish. Swish.

Every Magical Girl receives a magical weapon and a magical element. These can be manifested and utilized however you wish, limited only by your imagination and your internal supply of magical power. I've found it difficult to predict the precise way a Magical Girl's powers will manifest. Sometimes it is linked to something the girl is already good at. A girl with a knack for fist fights might gain a punching weapon. Other times it is a manifestation of a girl's internal desires; the sort of power that they may find cool or glamorous or fitting for their idea of what being a Magical Girl means. Sometimes the nature of a Magical Girl's powers depends on the sort of wish they might make. Occasionally a girl will wish for a specific type of power.

The catfox tilts its head to the other side.

Swish. Swish. Swish.

It makes little difference to me. However, it would be best if you make your wish quickly. There are other girls here who are, like you, good potential Magical Girls. Ideally I would like to grant wishes to each of you before an enemy arrives here and kills everyone in the orphanage.

...oh.

That sounds bad, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2022-04-25 at 10:33 AM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.