Quote Originally Posted by Entessa View Post
I am wondering if playing a coward character would mean a hassle for my dm and my party.

I was thinking about making a character who was told that he was destined to do great (and in fact he is not that bad at fighting), but secretly, well, he is a coward. He would like to avoid fighting

In general, I think the concept could be cool and would be about the growing of a character from coward to "hero". No pacifism here (like "I'm not going to fight this beholder that is eating these guys because he deserves to live exactly as us"), mostly like "how can I satisfy the will of my ancestors/father/tribe", and live "happily" knowing that there is a stigma if he doesn't go for it.

Edit: Well, after reading the post again, I'm not sure it's a good idea.
It’s encouraged for 3.5 games because you can add your character level to sneak attack damage, up to 6 times your level if you sneak attack with a lance after charging at a person on horseback.

Jokes aside, it’ll be fine so long as it doesn’t hurt the party too much you’ll be fine. Being scared doesn’t mean you can’t contribute