View Single Post

Thread: Worse Than the Disease 2 IC

1. - Top - End - #234
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease 2 IC

Richard pauses for a moment in surprise when the man talks, blinking before laughing. "You think we work for Mailer? Hah, that's a good one. My friend - and if you're being honest about your aliegances, you are my friend - we personally pissed her off a few months back and ever since we've been on the top of the raiders' to-kill list and doing quite a lot to kill them back. I think we've been doing a pretty good job - after all, their recent withdrawal south is because we, and the settlements we've been helping, have been doing enough damage that they've needed to." He pauses again, thinking. Proof...he did have the intel they'd accumulated so far, that showed he was telling the truth about their enmity with the raiders and the withdrawal, along with an apparent enemy of the raiders information to use against them, but...it sounded like this group took the rogue Shelter angle very serously, and it might be the case that if they found out the exiles were originally from 44, Mailer's personal Shelter...it might not end well. Richard takes a breath. He had to risk it, and if it went badly he had the team backing him up. Okay.

"I think, in the interest of showing that we're on the same side, I should tell you the exact situation. We're originally from Shelter 44, you see - the one that Mailer, the evil woman you talk about, is Overseer for. The people in there have no idea about the situation out here, the deals she's made or that the betrayal happened at all, but every so often when people in there do something that angers her enough - for instance, I supported a group trying to politically oppose her influence and change the way things were run in there - she exiles them. We didn't know it at the time, but she also then gets into contact with her raiders and gives them orders to kill the exiles. A little sadistic game of hers, I suppose. We managed to survive, though, and since then have been fighting the raiders, helping the settlements they've been targeting around here, both as a matter of survival and morality. We've accumulated a lot of intelligence over this time, through attacking their bases and interrogating their people, and part of it should prove my story - we have the dossiers they passed out on us, straight from our Shelter records, and the related orders, for instance. Perhaps, if you accept this, we can share information against a common foe?"

Spoiler
    Show

Going to try a Diplomacy roll to get a better reaction from this guy, if allowed.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2022-04-25 at 07:32 AM.