What do you mean, you don't know who he was before? Obviously, he was a horse they forgot in the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Noname Sword
Spoiler: Beginning
Show
- You had one simple job, tick! - Baalzephon got so mad he didn’t even raise his voices, - And you screw up.
- Sir, it's not my fault, there are these adventurers...
- I’m not interested in your excuses, tick! I sentence you to exile to the material plane! Your name will be forgotten! You always was a tick inside, now you're gonna be tick entirely!
- Sir! Sir! Avernus is my homeland! Sir, have mercy, I'm begging!
- The verdict is final, without appeal and it will be executed immediately!
- No!!!

I don’t go into the details of the case between my villain and PCs and who he was before on purpose. It can be almost anything. Maybe he was imp familiar of some important wizard and this wizard was killed by the party, or he was a spy and PC broke a conspiracy or coup, or any of a hundred other options. Main idea is that the PC was interfering with his important mission and he was punished.

Spoiler: Sabotaging Animals
Show
- Alarm! We're under attack!
- What? Again? Darn it! I'm on my way!
- Well, it stops being fun. This is the fifth night in a row. Two wolves, viper, dire rat and a freakin' camel! Who's next? If this keeps up, we'll not be able to do... anything! Look at Mark, he can't restore his spells with this sleep pattern. What happens if next time it'll be something more dangerous than animals?

First six CR/levels Noname can't do something really dangerous. With his Wild Cohort feat and being symbiont he can force animals to attack the target of his revenge, and he can hide very well, but in direct fight he is very weak. Even when he found the Mau-Jehe blade. It all will work later. Plus, as an option he can work with some PC's regular enemy as symbiont.
I draw your attention to non-availability of any punishment for cohort's deaths and clearly stated cooldowns to obtain new one.

Spoiler: Ape of Fury
Show
- Jerry, look.
- What's the matter?
- I think I saw that ape yesterday, think it's watching us. Those animals three years ago, remember? Could it be...
- No, this was that mad druid we killed. Don't worry about it, it's just an ape.
- Just an ape, Jerry? Just an ape with a frickin' glowing bastard sword in the mouth! And we couldn’t catch up it! I bet it'll come up tonight!
- I was wrong, I admit. We were expecting a monkey with a sword, but not the sword itself! Accursed flyin' bastard! How many times did we sunder tonight? Dozen? Two dozen? We won’t last that long.

This ape is Noname's more constant cohort. Noname raised and well-trained it to be helpful in fight. Its feats and skills are tailored to work well with Noname's abilities. And yes. Noname became a Fiend of Possession. He can posses his ape, or his Mau-Jehe mindblade, or some enemy's gear, but I'll talk about two first options - maybe party all consists of VoP PCs. )
Well, let's expand in more detail.
First, blade possessing. I can give it Skillful or Mouthpick enchants via the Magic item Fiend's of Possession class feature. These enchants allow my ape to wield my blade without penalty. It's unclear and maybe not strictly RAW, but I think possessing a mindblade is considered to be like holding a mindblade. My main goal is Vorpal enchantment. With it, Lucky, Better Lucky than Good and Victor's Luck I can start fishing. So far, it isn't so good, but it is just the beginning. If I work without my ape, it can be dead, or be absent for any other reason, I'll use Fly enchantment. It's only +1, but gives very good mobility. Plus, because of wording, mindblade became an animated object and I can possess it as a creature, not only an object. It's unclear, too. How does it work? Can I possess a single object simultaneously as object and as creature? These questions are especially interesting in the Animate Object ability context. Anyway, possessing a mindblade is an option for the second part of the fight. I'm most often starting inside the ape. It has interesting feats and its Iaijutsu Focus gives me some amount of free damage. While ape itself can't use Call Armor power because of low Cha, but when I'm possessing it I can. It's only +4 AC (chain shirt), but it's free +4 AC. Yes, being inside the ape isn't a very powerful combat option, but is suitable to warm-up and give PCs a sense of false confidence.

Spoiler: Ape
Show
Master's Level HD Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Reflex Save Will Save Skills Feats
7-8 4 3 4 4 1 Iaijutsu Focus 3.5 Hidden Talent (Call Armor) (1), Power Attack (3)
9-11 5 3 4 4 1 Iaijutsu Focus 4
12-14 7 5 5 5 2 Iaijutsu Focus 5 Cleave (6)
15-17 9 6 6 6 3 Iaijutsu Focus 6 Instinctive Consummator (9)
18-20 11 8 7 7 3 Iaijutsu Focus 7

Spoiler: Blade of Ultimate Decapitation
Show
- Screw it! Screw it! Screw it! Have you seen it? Rope trick! Damn death trap! This Bastard just decapitated Mark! One swing, another and all over! How did it snuck into?
- It possessed rope itself.
- What? How did you understand it? Is it even an option?
- Yes it is, as you see. There is a lingering evil aura on the rope, I see it. And it doesn't dissipate...
- We all gonna die!

Well, it's too pathos, I know, in real game high level PCs can deal with this sort of enemy, but it isn't so easy. With 8 levels of Legacy Champion I at the end has 12 effective levels of Fiend of Possession, so I can add my Mau-Jehe +12 worth of enchantments. It isn't clear again how quickly I can change them, but I definitely can, so I'll take something with numbers in a day, use it and change it. Most cheesy version say I can change used enchantments for the same unused ones, but I think it's too much.

Spoiler: Useful Enchantments
Show
Enchantment Name How I use it Price Source Book
+1 It's obvious. Plus, every enchantment bonus give weapon +2 hardness and +10 hp. Now my mindblade has 12 hardness, 20 hp. +1 +1 mind blade class feature (SKn) DMG
+1 - +1 Mau-Jehe DMG
+2 Mindblade 14 hardness, 30 hp. +2 Mau-Jehe DMG
+3 Mindblade 16 hardness, 40 hp. +3 Mau-Jehe DMG
+4 Mindblade 18 hardness, 50 hp. +4 Magic item class feature (FoP) DMG
+5 Mindblade 20 hardness, 60 hp. +5 Magic item class feature (FoP) DMG
Ghost touch I can strike the ghost. +1 Mau-Jehe DMG
Keen It isn't very useful for me. I want natural 20, not just krit. +1 Mau-Jehe DMG
Lucky One attack reroll. Good for me. +1 Mind blade enhancement class feature (SKn) MIC
Lucky Two attack rerolls. Why two? Because of Extra legacy ability use (lesser). Now it's a legacy ability and this is legal. +1 Mau-Jehe, Replace legacy ability (lesser) (replace Keen) MIC
Sundering I don't like weapons. Weapons that aren't my. This is almost always-on enchant after replacing Keen for Lucky. +1 Mind blade enhancement class feature (SKn) MIC
Flying It gives the weapon 30 ft fly and the weapon now "is treated as an animated object with hardness and hit points equal to a typical weapon of its kind". With Sizing it means up to 28 Str and 160+10*Ench bonus hp. +1 Magic item class feature (FoP) Magic of Faerûn
Dancing Four rounds weapon striking on its own. When 4 rounds have expired, I can change it. Action economy. +4 Magic item class feature (FoP) DMG
Vorpal Main theme. Twenty-fishing with a vorpal rod! +5 Magic item class feature (FoP) DMG
Bane Tell me who you are and I'll tell you what kind of Bane weapon I am. +1 Magic item class feature (FoP) DMG
Magebane Did you say you are a wizard? +1 Magic item class feature (FoP) MIC
Paralyzing 1/day paralyze? It wouldn’t be worth the price if I couldn’t replace it easily +1 Magic item class feature (FoP) MIC
Dispelling 3/day dispel? Yes please! +1 Magic item class feature (FoP) MIC
Dispelling, greater 3/day greater dispel? Yes please now! +1 (S+2) Magic item class feature (FoP) MIC
Brutal surge 2/day free bull rush? Good. I'll use it, then I'll change it. +1 Magic item class feature (FoP) MIC
Binding 2/day dimensional anchor? It not just ruins enemies mobility, but also helps me qualify for Naturalized Denizen feat. +1 Magic item class feature (FoP) MIC
Fiercebane I'm not rely heavily on crit damage, but sometimes... +1 (S+2) Magic item class feature (FoP) MIC
Stunning surge 2-3/day stun with increasing with level DC? I take it. +1 Magic item class feature (FoP) MIC
Whirling 3/day. Use, then change. And this is a very useful maneuver if you go fly-fishing for 20. Up to eight attacks instead of only three. +1 Magic item class feature (FoP) MIC
Blurstrike FF enemy? Everybody wants it! Ten times per day? Really? +2 Magic item class feature (FoP) MIC
Psibane Did you say you are psion? +2 Magic item class feature (FoP) MIC
Speed Extra attack for twenty-fisher! Expensive one, but sometimes can be in place. +3 Magic item class feature (FoP) DMG
Transmuting Don't like DR. +2 Magic item class feature (FoP) MIC
Metalline Who doesn't want to have an adamantine sword? Works well with Sundering. +2 Magic item class feature (FoP) MIC
Mouthpick It's for my ape. While I'm possessing a mindblade it can take it in the mouth and strike with it. +1 Magic item class feature (FoP) Lords of Madness
Comanding It gives me +2/+4 to some social skills and Suggestion 1/day. Can be useful. +2 Magic item class feature (FoP) Arms and Equipment Guide
Skillful It gives me +3 BAB. Also give proficiency. Not so useful in my own hands, but if my blade will hold somebody else... +2 Magic item class feature (FoP) CArc
Sizing Must have! Turn possessed weapon into colossal version (6d8 base damage)! Or just change the size of the mindblade created in my natural form - it's fine, too small. +1 Magic item class feature (FoP) CArc
Rusting Mindblade definitely doesn't consist of iron and breaking enemy's armor is a good long game tactic. +1 Magic item class feature (FoP) Shining South

Spoiler: Tables
Show
Spoiler: Stats
Show
Abilities Initial Race/Template 4th, 8th, 12th 16th, 20th Total
STR 8 -10 1
DEX 10 6 16
CON 13 13
INT 15 4 3 22
WIS 12 12
CHA 14 -2 2 14
LE Soul Tick Soulknife 6/Fiend of Possession 6/Legacy Champion 8
Spoiler: Build
Show
Level Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Reflex Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features Legacy abilities
1st Soulknife 1 0 0 2 2 32: {+4} Autohypnosis: 4; {+4} Concentration: 4; {+4 CC} Handle Animal: 2; {+4} Hide: 4; {+4} Jump: 4; {+4 CC} Knowledge (history): 2; {+2} Listen: 2; {+2} Spot: 2; {+4} Tumble: 4; Wild Cohort, Weapon Focus (mind blade), Hidden Talent (Chameleon) Mind blade, Weapon Focus (mind blade), Hidden Talent
2nd Soulknife 2 1 0 3 3 8: {+1} Autohypnosis: 5; {+1} Concentration: 5; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 2.5; {+1} Hide: 5; {+1} Jump: 5; {+1 CC} Knowledge (history): 2.5; {+1} Listen: 3; Spot: 2; {+1} Tumble: 5; Throw mind blade
3rd Soulknife 3 2 1 3 3 8: {+1} Autohypnosis: 6; {+1} Concentration: 6; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 3; {+1} Hide: 6; Jump: 5; {+1 CC} Knowledge (history): 3; {+1} Knowledge (psionics): 1; Listen: 3; {+1} Spot: 3; {+1} Tumble: 6; Sly Fortune, Victor's Luck (B) Bonus feat
4th Soulknife 4 3 1 4 4 9: {+1} Autohypnosis: 7; {+1} Concentration: 7; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 3.5; {+1} Hide: 7; Jump: 5; {+1 CC} Knowledge (history): 3.5; {+1} Knowledge (psionics): 2; {+1} Listen: 4; {+1} Spot: 4; {+1} Tumble: 7; +1 mind blade
5th Soulknife 5 3 1 4 4 9: {+1} Autohypnosis: 8; {+1} Concentration: 8; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 4; {+1} Hide: 8; Jump: 5; {+1 CC} Knowledge (history): 4; {+1} Knowledge (psionics): 3; {+1} Listen: 5; {+1} Spot: 5; {+1} Tumble: 8; Least Legacy (Mau-Jehe) (B) Free draw, shape mind blade Knife made mind, sneaky intentions
6th Soulknife 6 4 2 5 5 9: {+1} Autohypnosis: 9; {+1} Concentration: 9; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 4.5; {+1} Hide: 9; Jump: 5; {+1 CC} Knowledge (history): 4.5; {+1} Knowledge (psionics): 4; {+1} Listen: 6; {+1} Spot: 6; {+1} Tumble: 9; Better Lucky than Good, Speed of Thought (B) Mind blade enhancement +1, Speed of Thought +1 ghost touch, -4 hp
7th Fiend of Possession 1 4 4 7 7 7: Autohypnosis: 9; {+1} Bluff: 1; Concentration: 9; {+1} Disguise: 1; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 5; {+1} Hide: 10; Jump: 5; {+1 CC} Knowledge (history): 5; Knowledge (psionics): 4; {+1} Listen: 7; {+1} Spellcraft: 1; Spot: 6; Tumble: 9; Ethereal form, hide presence, possess object Unspoken contact at will
8th Fiend of Possession 2 5 5 8 8 7: Autohypnosis: 9; {+1} Bluff: 2; Concentration: 9; {+1} Disguise: 2; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 5.5; {+1} Hide: 11; Jump: 5; Knowledge (history): 5; Knowledge (psionics): 4; {+1} Listen: 8; {+1} Spellcraft: 2; {+1} Spot: 7; Tumble: 9; Curse, magic item Mind over miles, -1 saves
9th Fiend of Possession 3 5 5 8 8 7: Autohypnosis: 9; {+1} Bluff: 3; Concentration: 9; {+1} Disguise: 3; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 6; {+1} Hide: 12; Jump: 5; Knowledge (history): 5; Knowledge (psionics): 4; {+1} Listen: 9; {+1} Spellcraft: 3; {+1} Spot: 8; Tumble: 9; Naturalized Denizen Control object Stable focus (Speed of Thought), -1 attack, -6 hp
10th Fiend of Possession 4 6 6 9 9 7: Autohypnosis: 9; {+1} Bluff: 4; Concentration: 9; {+1} Disguise: 4; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 6.5; {+1} Hide: 13; Jump: 5; Knowledge (history): 5; Knowledge (psionics): 4; {+1} Listen: 10; {+1} Spellcraft: 4; {+1} Spot: 9; Tumble: 9; Animate object, possess creature
11th Fiend of Possession 5 6 6 9 9 7: Autohypnosis: 9; {+1} Bluff: 5; Concentration: 9; {+1} Disguise: 5; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 7; {+1} Hide: 14; Jump: 5; Knowledge (history): 5; Knowledge (psionics): 4; {+1} Listen: 11; {+1} Spellcraft: 5; {+1} Spot: 10; Tumble: 9; Ally or enemy, possess noncontinuous object +2 ghost touch
12th Fiend of Possession 6 7 7 10 10 8: Autohypnosis: 9; {+1} Bluff: 6; Concentration: 9; {+1} Disguise: 6; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 7.5; {+1} Hide: 15; Jump: 5; Knowledge (history): 5; Knowledge (psionics): 4; {+1} Listen: 12; {+1} Spellcraft: 6; {+2} Spot: 12; Tumble: 9; Darkstalker Control creature Penetrating proposal at will, -8 hp
13th Legacy Champion 1 7 7 10 12 10: {+1} Autohypnosis: 10; {+1} Bluff: 7; {+1} Concentration: 10; {+1} Disguise: 7; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 8; {+1} Hide: 16; Jump: 5; {+1} Knowledge (history): 6; {+1} Knowledge (psionics): 5; Listen: 12; {+1} Spellcraft: 7; Spot: 12; {+1} Tumble: 10; Lesser Legacy (Mau-Jehe) (B) Reduced ritual cost (lesser), bond of lore Cunning, -2 attack
14th Legacy Champion (FoP) 2 8 7 10 13 10: {+1} Autohypnosis: 11; {+1} Bluff: 8; {+1} Concentration: 11; {+1} Disguise: 8; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 8.5; {+1} Hide: 17; Jump: 5; {+1} Knowledge (history): 7; {+1} Knowledge (psionics): 6; Listen: 12; {+1} Spellcraft: 8; Spot: 12; {+1} Tumble: 11; Replace legacy ability (least) +2 ghost touch keen, Unspoken contact at will, Invisibility 1/day, -10 hp
15th Legacy Champion (FoP) 3 9 8 11 13 10: {+1} Autohypnosis: 12; {+1} Bluff: 9; {+1} Concentration: 12; {+1} Disguise: 9; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 9; {+1} Hide: 18; Jump: 5; {+1} Knowledge (history): 8; {+1} Knowledge (psionics): 7; Listen: 12; {+1} Spellcraft: 9; Spot: 12; {+1} Tumble: 12; Fortuitous Strike Extra legacy ability use (least) (Invisibility) Invisibility 2/day
16th Legacy Champion (FoP) 4 9 8 11 14 10: {+1} Autohypnosis: 13; {+1} Bluff: 10; {+1} Concentration: 13; {+1} Disguise: 10; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 9.5; {+1} Hide: 19; Jump: 5; {+1} Knowledge (history): 9; {+1} Knowledge (psionics): 8; Listen: 12; {+1} Spellcraft: 10; Spot: 12; {+1} Tumble: 13; Legacy Focus (BL) Bonus legacy feat +3 ghost touch keen, -2 saves
17th Legacy Champion (FoP) 5 10 8 11 14 10: {+1} Autohypnosis: 14; {+1} Bluff: 11; {+1} Concentration: 14; {+1} Disguise: 11; {+1 CC} Handle Animal: 10; {+1} Hide: 20; Jump: 5; {+1} Knowledge (history): 10; {+1} Knowledge (psionics): 9; Listen: 12; {+1} Spellcraft: 11; Spot: 12; {+1} Tumble: 14; Replace legacy ability (lesser) +3 ghost touch lucky
18th Legacy Champion (FoP) 6 11 9 12 15 10: {+1} Autohypnosis: 15; {+1} Bluff: 12; {+1} Concentration: 15; {+1} Disguise: 12; Handle Animal: 10; {+1} Hide: 21; Jump: 5; {+2} Knowledge (history): 12; {+1} Knowledge (psionics): 10; Listen: 12; {+1} Spellcraft: 12; Spot: 12; {+1} Tumble: 15; Miser's Fortune Extra legacy ability use (lesser) (Lucky)
19th Legacy Champion 7 11 9 14 15 10: {+1} Autohypnosis: 16; {+1} Bluff: 13; {+1} Concentration: 16; {+1} Disguise: 13; Handle Animal: 10; {+1} Hide: 22; Jump: 5; {+3} Knowledge (history): 15; Knowledge (psionics): 10; Listen: 12; {+1} Spellcraft: 13; Spot: 12; {+1} Tumble: 16; Reduced ritual cost (greater)
20th Legacy Champion (FoP) 8 12 9 15 15 10: {+1} Autohypnosis: 17; {+1} Bluff: 14; {+1} Concentration: 17; {+1} Disguise: 14; Handle Animal: 10; {+1} Hide: 23; Jump: 5; {+3} Knowledge (history): 18; Knowledge (psionics): 10; Listen: 12; {+1} Spellcraft: 14; Spot: 12; {+1} Tumble: 17; Quicken Legacy (BL) Bonus legacy feat

Spoiler: Few words about feats
Show
Sly Fortune, Hidden Talent (Chameleon) and Darkstalker for my Hide. It's a very important skill for FoP.
Victor's Luck, Better Lucky than Good, Fortuitous Strike and ape's Instinctive Consummator are for Vorpal-fishing.
Naturalized Denizen prevents banishment, dismissal and other bad for FoP things, and it coincides with the exiling theme.
Legacy Focus with its wording gives me +1 to DC not only for legacy abilities, but for all weapon abilities. Stunning, Paralyzing, Suggestion or any other options.
Miser's Fortune technically gives +5 on saves me, while I'm possessing my blade.
Quicken Legacy for swift Invisibility.

Spoiler: One more question
Show
It isn't clear what action are Possess Object, Magic Item, Control Object, Animate Object and Possess Creature. Yes, it's Su, so it should be standard, but! Control Creature has especially worded standard action while other abilities don't. So assumption them are free has right to exist.

Spoiler: Dealing with Limitations
Show
Recurrent Rival - check.
Sworn Enemy - check.
Defeated, but not vanquished - it's very hard to finally defeat FoP with his own always existing Flying sword.
Specialized Opponent - I have all Bane options to choose from since 8th level and I'm hard-to-reach without magic. All mundane characters will have problems with me. I didn't mention it, but I can possess any character valuable item, favorite axe, material component for spell (and give it some magic options, so it can't be used as material component) or something other. And I'm good in destroying things. Rusting and Sundering can make any regular fighter to cry.
And of course I'm Evil.

Spoiler: Books
Show
Type Name Book Page
Race Soul Tick Fiend Folio 220
Monster Ape MM1 268
Class Soulknife Expanded Psionics Handbook 26
Prestige Class Fiend of Possession Fiend Folio 204
Prestige Class Legacy Champion Weapons of Legacy 19
Class variant Hidden Talent The Mind's Eye Expanded Classes, Part One link
Class variant Bonus Feats The Mind's Eye Expanded Classes, Part One link
Power Chameleon Expanded Psionics Handbook 82