1. - Top - End - #199
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 8: Base Violence and Unnecessary Change

[Slaver's Street Orphanage]

The dwarf girl walks out of the bathroom and-!

The other girls should probably be asleep by now.

But they aren't.

Two of them are awake and quietly snickering to each other as they're busy pouring water on the dwarf girl's bed.

When she steps into the room, garbed in strange, brightly colored clothing and holding what definitely looks like a gun, they both freeze.

They have no idea what happened to the object of their torment, but several different ideas of what might happen to them suddenly intrude into their minds.

One of them just gapes at the dwarf in mute incomprehension. The other stammers out, "H-hey who are you? You aren't supposed to be in here."

What?

The transformation didn't make the dwarf girl look any different. It just gave her a fancy new set of clothing. So why don't the other girls recognize her?

Probably magic.

Meanwhile!

The foxcat tilts its head to the side.

That is a very simple desire, but an understandable one. Very well.

Its eyes shimmer for a moment.

...and nothing else changes. What?

To the senses of the officials of this orphanage, you do not exist. They have no record of you, nor any memory of you. You may leave at your leisure and they will never find you again.

The foxcat tilts its head to the other side and swishes its tail.

Since this is a magical effect localized to you, a similar ability may manifest along with your Magical Girl powers. I am curious to see if such a thing happens, as the powers that Magical Girls gain are often unpredictable.

There comes a strangled scream from outside, alarm followed by silence, followed by the sound of a door being smashed in.

Ah, sooner than I expected. There is an enemy attacking this place attempting to prevent me from granting any more wishes. Please hold still for a moment-

And then those 'hands' reach within the glass elf girl and withdraw the second Magical Gem of the evening. It is held carefully, gently, before being offered to her.

This is your gem, the source of your power. Hold it in front of you and call forth its magic to transform into a Magical Girl. The enemy will likely target you, though I suspect it will attack other potential Magical Girl candidates first. They are easier to eliminate.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2022-04-28 at 08:28 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.