Just reread Uprooted, a book that is unfortunately hard to describe without spoilers since (in my opinion) the best thing about it is the slow-burn reveal of what exactly is going on, who/what the antagonist is, and what they're capable of. This same quality meant that on a reread it didn't hold up quite as well as other works by the author (e.g. Deadly Education or Spinning Silver), but was still a fun read. The magic is flashy and cool, the characters are interesting and complicated, and the nearby eldritch location The Wood is intimidating as hell. Recommend this to people who like fantasy and/or fairy tales.

Also recently read A Court of Thorns & Roses because one of its sequels was the most recommended fantasy book on Goodreads. Was heavier on romance than I was expecting, but still a fun read. A starving hunter kills a wolf that came between her and the first deer she'd seen in weeks. Unfortunately for her, said wolf was actually a fairy in disguise, and it's not long before his lord shows up at her family's doorstep. Instead of taking her life, he takes her back to his domain as a prisoner, and from there the plot is very Beauty & the Beast, culminating in her having to complete three trials to prove herself (which was a fun read).

Spoiler: spoilers for the climax of A Court of Thorns & Roses
Show
As an alternative to completing the three trials, the queen gives her a riddle to solve. However, the riddle was extremely obvious (at least to me). I don't have any trouble believing that the main character wouldn't be able to come up with the solution until the finale; she was under a lot of stress, and riddles did not feature prominently in her education. Where I have trouble suspending disbelief is that the evil queen would gamble her entire reign (and by extension her life) on such an easy riddle.