1. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Magic: The Gathering Thread XXV: 3 Vorthoses barely clinging to sanity and 45 Spi

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    Akin to Shadar Silverquill's "here are +1/+1 tokens. I know you only have a single creature, but be glad I gave you ANYTHING"
    or more akin to Chaos Warp? "Your important game piece dies, but at least you get to flip your top card in your deck."
    Neither.

More like "Sure, you've got my life below zero, but I have Lich's Mastery. Oh, now I need to exile a bunch of things because of the damage I took? And if I take that much damage again, which I will next turn, I'll have to exile everything (including Lich's Mastery itself) and therefore lose the game? I think I'll exile it now, instead, and the trigger won't kill me because of my Gideon of the Trials. What's that? Gideon's gone? Good thing my life's above zero again!" et cetera.

The opponent is doing exactly what they were already planning to do, but I survive it.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2022-05-05 at 12:58 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.