[Slaver's Street Orphanage]

So, what is Agate's element to go with her gun? Something rock-related, maybe? There are just so many options.

The gun is loud, of course. But the report sounds somehow... how to describe that. Sparkly? Glittery, somehow? Ostentatiously magical. That'll do a good enough job of blasting the door open though, that's for sure. The other girls jump at the sound, but they nod. They'll help for sure! And not just because they're afraid of the Magical Girl.

With the door to the hallway open there's probably going to be more than a little clamoring behind the doors. Between the gunshot and the sound of fighting down on the ground floor children are waking up. There isn't anything to stop Agate from shooting (or possibly just kicking) the doors open. With the elf running down the stairs the two girls may be encountering each other in a hurry. It'll probably be unmistakable that they have both taken Kyubey's contract. Magical Girls really aren't subtle, by and large.

Meanwhile!

The catfox seems... fascinated, maybe?

Ah, that is a good wish, considering your circumstances. That it has a continuing aspect means it is likely to be incorporated into your powers as a Magical Girl.

Twinkling eyes in the dark-

-followed by a feeling of... lightness, perhaps? Magic permeates her. No cord can bind her. No spell can restrain her. No gate or door or lock can impede her. No barrier can hem her in. If she truly believed, not even the inexorable grasp of gravity will drag her to the earth. Whatever element she would have had as a Magical Girl is lost, replaced by the element of Freedom.

An interesting manifestation. Please, hold still for a moment and I will retrieve your power source so that you can transform into a Magical Girl to protect yourself.

Then, for the third time this evening, Kyubey will move to extract a girl's soul and form it into a physical artifact tied to the primordial creative potential of the cosmos itself. Fitting, then, that they're always shaped like eggs.

The foe will likely be moving toward the bedrooms where the other Magical Girl candidates are to kill them before I can grant them wishes. If you desire, you can join the others there to defend them. I believe you will find that the barriers between here are there will not be an impediment to you.

Meanwhile!

The nightshade is disappointed at the rhinoceros creature's reaction to its dreadful magic. This place is always so full of surprises. It makes it difficult to predict how anything will react. The shock from the button does little; the creature has no muscles to spasm at the shock. It notes the magic and the pain, but is largely unmoved by them. It is less that the pain can't be felt, and more that-

"Can you feel the sting of your hand? Can you feel your feeble life flowing? The pain within me is beyond anything your soul can create."

The creature turns its head toward the basement and sighs.

"Another. You are a distraction; trouble me no longer."

A powerful compulsion will assault the elf's mind to end violently end his own life as the nightshade moves to scuttle around him and move on toward the stairs with the intent of heading toward the bedrooms. It has several children to turn into corpses.