"Fainted? Was this related to the incident?" The prospect clearly seemed a stretch to the sergeant, but she wanted to be thorough.

The sergeant confers with her subordinates, who have concluded their own questionings. Once she notices Mauricio examining the item, she shouts at him, "hey! Put that down! The gnome is right - we'll be taking that until it's deemed safe!" After the outburst though, she says to Zetath, "this was a significant market disruption, but after the accounts of those nearby, I don’t believe it was intentional, malicious, or egregiously negligent on your part. I'll say as much in my report, and I see no reason to hold you. As for the rest of you, from what I understand your presence was vital to keeping this situation from ballooning out of control. No one died and even injuries were relatively minor, so thank you again. I'll put in a request for a commendation," she holds up a hand and tips her head indicated to pause, "now, before you get too excited, it won't be much at all, probably just a few coins and maybe a terse letter, if it gets approved. It helps encourage people to act beneficiently when they can though. Please give me your names, and you can check in at the Lower City barracks in a day or two," she awaits your introductions, quill at the ready.

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Mauricio was able to examine it long enough to activate Pursue a Lead.

Might also be a good moment to introduce yourselves to each other.