Quote Originally Posted by Kesnit View Post
Not sure deposed would work as, again, why would vampires powerful enough to depose a Prince not step in and take over themselves. If the Named City Prince wants to make a play, he would need to send more powerful vampires than the party will be, as they would be contesting with the group that deposed the former Prince.
You're assuming they were deposed by powerful vampires. I can see Carthian neonates banding together and systematically exterminating the elders of a city.

Engaging in behavior the Prince doesn't agree with has potential. That would give the party the option to side with Named City Prince or side with the current College Town leadership. (In all honesty, I half expect the party to take over and then declare themselves independent from Named City.)
Ah, yes. Because declaring yourself Prince always works.

More seriously, I'm not sure this is a strict loss for the Prince. It's not as good a win as putting a more loyal servant on the throne, but it's still somebody likely in their debt.

I anticipated the Prince to send a "Baron" to oversee College Town once the party has taken over. Said Baron would be one of Prince's lackeys, but more powerful than the party. Of course, by the time that happens, the party will have established themselves and may have the resources and infrastructure to not go along with the new Baron...
I mean, you also need to decide how obvious the Prince wants their rule to be. Requiem generally has the top dog pick their title in comparison to the more unified system in Masquerade, so said lackey could pretend to be working for themselves while taking a lower aristocratic title.

I personally prefer the titles of Baron or Count anyway, feels more authentic for the area they tend to rule. My personal write-up for modern London has it run by a Council of Barons.