Quote Originally Posted by Warder View Post
I don't necessarily disagree with any of that, but I will say that stating "you're overreacting" - or even worse, the not-so-subtle "some people here are overreacting" adds very very little to a discussion, and only serves to hurt and anger. This is a game people are passionate about! It's fine to disagree with an opinion, it's fine to not care about something someone else cares about, but to tell someone that their concern is invalid because you don't personally agree with it is extremely tonedeaf in a forum dedicated to a hobby people care strongly about, especially if that's all you say. The general you here, not you specifically.

I think discussions about D&D and the many changes it has gone through recently would be far more fruitful if all parties accepted that people care about different things in the game.
An excellent post.

A lot of us just want to be heard, writing off what we think as 'melodrama' or outright saying that choosing to not use the new stuff is 'stagnating' is, well as you put it, neither constructive or sensitive, and lends to the overall tone that was referred to in Glorthindel's post.